One of our seminars and several audition opportunities have pre-event signups available now! (NOTE: If a seminar or audition is not listed below, pre-event signups are not required.)
Youth Voice Class Participants
Our Youth Voice Class is limited to 20 participating senior high singers, who must be able to attend both Monday and Tuesday afternoons from 2:30-4:15 p.m. This is a laboratory-style seminar, exploring vocal techniques including breath support, placement, resonance, and alignment. The seminar is led by Dr. Melodie Galloway, director of the Lake Junaluska Singers.
(NOTE: Adult participants are welcome to observe this class but should NOT pre-register.)
Additional Seminar Info
Directing from the Console
This is a lab (master class) being held from 3:30-5:15 p.m. Tuesday at First UMC Waynesville. Those planning to attend should bring an anthem to work from and copies for others (up to 10) to sing. The seminar will focus on conducting from the organ console and piano. (There is not an official pre-event signup for this seminar.)
Youth Talent Show
Please note that there are several changes to this year’s audition process! Auditions will be held beginning at 3:30 p.m. Monday in Terrace 213. All groups or individuals will need to sign up IN ADVANCE for a five-minute audition and check in at the table outside Terrace 213. Only those acts auditioning will be permitted in the audition room during their audition. Results will be posted on the Event Office door (Harrell 202) after 10 a.m. Tuesday.
Please note the following guidelines related to the Talent Show:
- Time limit for all acts is 3.5 minutes.
- Each youth may appear on the stage only once as a featured performer. He/she may appear as a soloist
- or as part of an ensemble, but not both. Exceptions include youth who accompany another act.
- No more than three (3) acts per church may audition.
- Songs are to be accompanied (live or recorded) unless they are designed to be sung a cappella.
- All acts will be auditioned before the show.
- Clean and ready-to-play recordings must be provided to the Stuart Auditorium staff before the show.
Handbell auditions will be held from 2:00-6:15 p.m. Sunday in Lambuth 103. Auditions are required for the Adult Advanced and Intermediate I choirs.